March 24, 2010

A New Twist on an Old Favorite!

I am on a roll this week with new recipes! Last night I tried out another new Hungry Girl recipe!
I made a BLT Quesadilla...and can I just say that I really love how in the Hungry Girl - 200 Under 200 Calories book it's catered towards low serving amounts! I eat dinner by myself Tuesday - Saturday since Chuck doesn't get home until after dinner time and I hate making huge meals that go to waste. It has been so nice just cooking for one out of this book! Now back to the recipe!

All the ingredients: Lettuce, Ketchup, Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, Light Mayo, Turkey Bacon Extra Lean, Tomato and of course a Tortilla. Granted she calls for the La Tortilla brand but I love Mission!! Chuck's Mom and Sister would die if they knew, as they work for La Tortilla!
You mix together the ketchup and mayo to make a dipping sauce. And after cooking the bacon you chop it up and I just mixed the tomato up with the bacon! And then of course some chopped lettuce. one thing I've noticed about eating healthier is that the food is way more coloful and bright then other foods! It makes for some awesome pictures :-)
After you have all your prep work done it's time to start putting the BLT together! You warm the pan up to about med-high heat and spray it with nonstick spray. Place the tortilla in the pan and sprinkle cheese on top. And then just wait until the cheese melts!


Once your cheese is melted pour the bacon and tomato mixture on one side of the tortilla.

Then you fold over the cheese only side and seal it up. You continue warming it in the pan until both sides of the tortilla are toasty! Then remove from heat!

Once its out of the pan you cut it up into four triangles. Next comes the lettuce topping and the dipping sauce. Granted it's supposed to be a dipping sauce but I know I love it so I just poured it over the lettuce!! There was actually a lot of the sauce which suprised me!!Just look at how bright that is!!



This recipe is a huge success and a keeper! It would even be good for a weekend lunch item or on those nights I want something quick and easy...here it is! It took me literally 15 minutes, maybe 20 to put this together, which was great cause I had taken Buster on an hour walk and gave him a bath and me a shower before making dinner. So I ate a little late and was starving!!!
If you are looking for a healthier version of the wonderful BLT, look no further Hungry Girl has provided us with a yummy solution!
BLT Quesadilla
Ingredients:
1 Large La Tortilla Factory Smart & Delicious Low Carb/High Fiber Tortilla
2 tablespoons fat-free shredded cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
2 slices extra-lean Turkey Bacon
1/2 plum tomato (preferably Roma), diced
1/2 cup shredded lettuce
1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
1 tablespoon ketchup
Directions:
Cook bacon according to package directiosn, either in the microwave or in a pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Once cool enough to handle, roughly chop and set aside.
Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Lay tortilla flat in the pan. Top evenly with
cheese.
Once cheese begins to melt, cover half the tortilla with bacon and tomato. Using a spatula, carefully fold the cheese-only side over the other half, pressing down with the spatula to seal. Cook for about 1 minute.
Flip and continue cooking for about 1 minute, or until both sides are toasty. Remove from heat.
To make the sauce, combine mayo and ketchup in a small dish. Cut quesadilla into triangles, top with shredded lettuce and serve with sauce on the side.
Makes 1 serving
Per serving (entire quesadilla): 175 calories, 4.5g fat, 1026mg sodium, 26.5g carbs, 12.5g fiber, 7g sugars, 18.5g protein.

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang