March 16, 2010

Home Sick :-(

Not that anyone likes being home sick, but I hate it! I would much rather have a mental health day than a sick day. I hate just sitting around feeling like crap and I get so tired of TV. But I find myself feeling like crap today. It all started yesterday with a killer headache....I woke up this morning, dragged myself to the gym and barely did a work out. I felt like I had a fever and my stomach felt horrible. I got home, took a shower and snuggled back into bed, thinking I would just go into work later than usual.

But it just didn't happen. I am still feeling like crap and I worked all morning from home :-( Now I am just blogging to share something that's made my day a little better!!

A package arrived and at first I thought it might be the rest of our emergency kits, but nope it was this:

Source
I was so happy to have something to read while I'm laying here on the couch this afternoon. Then after flipping through the first few pages and not seeing one recipe I disliked I thought how fun it might be to do a Julie/Julia style project with my Hungry Girl Book. I own the first one but it's really nothing compared to this book.
I am now laying out a game plan/meal plan and I am determined to cook/bake every single recipe out of this book. Even the ones that I just am not sure about....for example any recipe using fish! I am not a fish fan but I am trying my hardest to be less picky and give everything a good try.
My first meal (once I'm feeling better) will be:
Dinner: Chicken Fajita Lettuce Cups (which includes the Holy Moly Gaucamole recipe) and little taco salad in a shell.
Dessert: Double Trouble Chocolate Trifle!
Bring it on Lisa Lillien! I look forward to finding healthy alternatives to go with my healthier lifestyle.
Now I'm off to take a nap....

1 comments:

Tracy said...

Isn't it fun to get something in the mail besides bills.
Sounds like a plan to me. I tried this once (not with this book) but I think that I made once recipe, thats it. I love cook books but not the cooking. LOL

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang