May 19, 2011

A Little Spice in Your Life

Another guilt free recipe and this one is a spectacular dessert :-)

I LOVE spice cake, LOVE IT! But I hardly ever make it or have it, so while perusing my Guilt Free Cookbook I came across a super easy Spice Cake recipe.

Gather up your ingredients - Sugar, Flour, Salt, Nutmeg, Cloves, Cinnamon, Water, Baking Soda, White Vinegar, Vanilla, Canola Oil, Vanilla Frosting.

Combine your flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.


Then in a separate bowl combine your  water, oil, vinegar and vanilla.


Mix Together!


Then pour your mixture into a greased 13x9 pan.


Pop in the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Use the toothpick method to make sure it's baked through! Doesn't this look so delish - it smelled heavenly!

Let it cool completely then slather on your frosting. I used store bought vanilla frosting from Ms Betty Crocker!


Cut yourself a slice and DEVOUR!!


I <3 Spice Cake and this one hit the spot! Chuck loved it, I loved it, and I'm sure the dogs loved the crumbs they got off the floor :-) It was PERFECT-O!! Spice cake lovers you MUST bake this :-)

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang