May 28, 2011

Exceptionally Well Written - Kudo's to Jamie Ford!!

I will admit I did not start this month's book club meeting until the Sunday before our Thursday Meeting. I was quite nervous I wasn't going to be able to get into it, but boyw as I WRONG-O!! I was watching the clock tick by every day at work so I could get home and get absorbed back into this book!

We read "Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet" by Jamie Ford and this is one book I am so happy to have on my Kindle because I can promise I'll read it again!

The story revolves around Henry and flip flops from his life growing up in 1942 in Seattle and his life in 1986. The only genre this story fits into is Historical Romance. Seriously, this book offers you a look into what life was like back in 1942. In case you are a like me and when someone offers a date you can't remember the history of the year - 1942 is when Japanese "Camps" were created and the War was going on.

This story is so touching and so well written. My gosh I loved this author's writing. I'm not sure if it's because I'm coming off reading Mother of the Blah - oops I mean Bride. This book just flowed so well, there wasn't an overabundance of details bogging it down, but you could easily picture the "Scenes" and the characters. Without wanting to give away too much, because seriously everyone needs to read this book, I want to at least say that if you are a true romantic at heart you will LOVE this, if you like history you will enjoy this. And if you aren't a true romantic at heart or a history buff, don't worry you will LOVE this. How do I know? you may ask - I don't remember anything about history and typically Romance is not my thing :-)

Overall grade - A+, I loved this book and will definitely be rereading it down the road :-) Next up, I will be reading the Frugalista Files, which is a blog turned book. So far I'm to Chapter 2 and I am loving the blog style writing as well as the author :-)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

added to my list to read. Which is good. I had 3-4 boxes of books to read but they're stuck in storage with my roommates things. So now I have only a handful. :)

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang