May 22, 2011

Taco's & Pizza = YUM!

Any one who knows me (or has read this entire blog - in which YOU KNOW ME) knows how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Mexican food!! Seriously I could eat it EVERY SINGLE DAY!! I claim that "I got it from my Mama" cause she loves it just as much if not more than me :-)

What else do I really enjoy, PIZZA, among many other things but let's stick to the recipe at hand! I combined those two loves and whipped up this awesome recipe from Taste of Home - TACO PIZZA!! Oh yes a scrumptious and spicy TACO PIZZA!!! I was super excited to try this recipe that I even swapped two recipes in my monthly menu planning so I could eat it sooner :-)

You only need the few essentials - a 12-inch pre-baked pizza crust (I chose the awesome Boboli), Cheddar Cheese, Tortilla Chips, Taco Seasoning, Water, Ground Beef, Refried Beans, and Salsa.


I actually cut this recipe in half cause the original calls for 2 12-inch pizza crusts but with just me eating I knew I'd only have 1, maybe two slices from one pizza.

Combine your refried beans (fat free) and salsa!! YUM!! You can always dip a chip to make sure the balance is right, or at least that was my excuse :-)


Brown your hamburger, drain, then toss back in the pan on heat with your water and taco seasoning, just like your whipping up some tacos.


While your meat is "marinating" in taco seasonings, pull out your pre-baked pizza crust. I had to use an upside down cookie sheet cause we don't have a pizza pan! (hello item for our registry)


Spread your bean and salsa mixture over the entire crust!


Top with your taco meat!


Crumble your tortilla chips over the top!


Load it up with some CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Then pop in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes, you just want your cheese to melt!


Then slice it up just like a pizza, top with some lettuce and a dallop of sour cream (I used Lite sour cream cause let's be honest this dish is not that great for you.) 


Hello Delish Slice of Taco Heaven!! This was AWESOME!! I highly recommend to anyone, especially those with kids! This is such a family friendly meal and it's so easy and quick to whip up!

Also a BONUS -  perfect leftover food. It heats up nicely and the crust is still just as good as the night you make! You must try this recipe.

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang