July 7, 2010

Cheesy and Beefy

Last Sunday while I was patiently awaiting Chuck's return home from work so we could head out to my parents for a BBQ, I decided to try out a Hungy Girl recipe for lunch! I've been slacking on my cooking through the 200 Under 200 cookbook and have just been slacking on losing weight! It's time to get back on track people!

I quickly flipped to a tagged page and created the Cheesy Beefy Quesadilla!

You will need: Tortilla, Sour Cream, Beef Soy Crumbles (or in my case a Boca burger), Taco Seasoning, Scallions, Laughing Cow Light Swiss, and Cheddar Cheese.

Mix together the "beef crumbles" sour cream, cheddar cheese, scallions, and taco seasoning mix...pop into the microwave for 30 seconds.


Heat up a pan with non stick spray....spread the laughing cow cheese on half the tortilla, then plop it into the pan. Heat for about 30 seconds and then top with the above mixture.


Fold over the other half of the tortilla and press to seal.


Heat until both sides of the tortilla are browned and then remove from heat, cut into 4 pie shaped wedges!

And then eat at your own risk! I am not sure if it's that I can't get into the Boca burger meat or if this entire dish didn't sit well with me, but I threw it out. I took one bite and let it digest for about 5 seconds before I threw the whole thing out. No offense Hungry Girl but this recipe gets an F!! Maybe it'd be different if I followed the recipe exact, so we'll say this is no fault of Hungry Girl, but a cooks error...just be aware I won't ever be trying this one again! Anyone who wants to try this recipe...you know because I've made it sound so wonderful (*sarcasm*) here it is: Cheesy Beefy Quesadilla.
Anyone else hate when you try a new recipe and it fails horribly?

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang