July 22, 2010

What To Do With Chicken This Week!

I have discovered an amazingly simple and delicious recipe for chicken! Now I'm not a big lover of chicken so I am constantly trying out new chicken recipes to make it tasty for me! The most recent one is a Bruschetta Chicken Bake! It was so easy to put together and we had all the ingredients! Which is a big plus in my house cause I get so tired of the grocery store!

All you need is a box of chicken stuffing, mozzarella cheese, water, diced tomatoes, basil, a little garlic powder (optional) and of course some chicken!

First you mix together the stuffing, water, and the can of diced tomatoes, do not drain the tomatoes cause you need the juice!


Then spread it evenly in a 13 x 9 pan, place the chicken on top of the stuffing mixture, the top the chicken with basil and garlic powder (if you want) and then cover with some mozzarella cheese!!


Pop it into the oven at 400 degrees for about 30-40 minutes! And voila!



Doesn't the browned cheese just look so yummy! I was stoked that this looked so good and was anxious to chow down. But you will want to let it cool for about 5-10 minutes. It is extremely hot!


While I was waiting I cooked up some carrots and warmed some rolls! And then enjoyed this delicious meal!

Now I was just cooking for one so I only put one piece of chicken on there and trust me I didn't eat all that food on my plate haha. But I ended up only eating half the piece of chicekn because with the stuffing it's a pretty heavy meal. This will be a great fall/winter meal! Enjoy!!
Get the recipe here.

2 comments:

Camille said...

I noticed your blog because I cook for one as well and have similar problems with extra food. I just recently just came out with a cookbook for one that I thought you might like. It has an ingredient index that lists recipes by ingredient so that you can find other recipes that calls for the excess ingredient and put it to good use before it goes bad.

It's titled "Table for One: Perfectly Portioned Meals for the Single Chef" http://www.amazon.com/Table-One-Camille-Funk/dp/1599554321/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277925907&sr=8-1

Hopefully that will help... good luck! :)

Kendall said...

Thank you so much! I had never seen that book. I will have to check it out :-) Thanks....now off to check out your blog :-)

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang