July 16, 2010

Imaginary Friends

I am plowing through my reading list lately. Not only did I finish my Book Club book and the Fixer Upper but last night I finished another book. Awhile back (like Months and Months) while I was in KMart I had browsed through the book section, because lets face it they have cheap books! Anywho I came across a book by James Patterson and Gabrielle Charbonnet titled Sundays at Tiffany's. After reading the summary I knew I wanted to read it. Since I didn't have time then to read it I passed it along to my Mom as I knew she'd have it read in a day and it sounded like she'd be interested. Well ladies and gentlemen I finally had time and I finished it last night. Yes it was a super quick read and only took me two days :-)



I have to so I was loving it until the end when it was wrapped up. It sounds horrible but I had prepared myself for a sad ending and was kind of disappointed when it didn't necessarily go my way. Let me first state that this book was a little odd, without giving away too much, you really need to believe in imaginary friends and angels. It was a little far fetched even for my imagination and trust me as a child I had imaginary friends, I truly believed my stuffed animals had feelings, and I created super fun adventures all from the comfort of my bedroom. But even for me I couldn't jump on board with this idea. While you definitely love the main Characters Jane and Michael, it was really hard to love the idea of the book.

I'd give this book a C....I really liked it until things started wrapping up at the end and as weird as it sounds I was kind of disappointed in the "happy ending". It's quick read for anyone daring to go there, just remember you must really believe in things that seem unreal.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting. I usually avoid his books because of the sad endings. :)

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang