December 12, 2010

What to do with all those leftovers?

With all that Turkey I had leftover I knew I needed to get in the kitchen and expirement! So I made a Turkey Casserole! And let me tell you how easy this was!!

All you need is some cheddar cheese, milk, 2 slices white bread, cream of chicken soup, onion, white wine, 10 ounce bag of peas, lemon juice, canned water chestnuts, 2 cups cut up Turkey, and celery!!


Combine your turkey, water chestnuts, peas, onion powder, and celery in a bowl


Then on the stove top combine your cream of chicken soup, milk, cheese, white wine, and lemon juice. Make sure that the cheese melts and you get a smooth mixture.


Pour that mixture over the top of your turkey mixture and stir well. Coat everything in the bowl with the soupy mix.


Then put in a baking dish, top with your bread crumbs and pop in the oven for about 20 minutes.


After 20 minutes top the casserole with some cheese, pop back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.


And voila..you've got yourself a turkey meal!


Along with the casserole I made up a batch of mashed potatoes with gravy and some crescent rolls!


This was so good and so easy! The recipe actually came from Taste of Home's Guilt Free cookbook and while I didn't have all the low fat, low sodium stuff I would love to make it the healthy way and have it again. I think instead of an entire 10 ounce bag of peas I'd prefer some peas & carrots & broccoli. Essentially more of a variety of veggies, but you must try it. And the great thing about turkey is that it freezes, so even if you are burnt out after Thanksgiving just freeze the turkey and plan this meal for a cold winter night later on :-)

Anyone else doing anything creative with Turkey leftovers?

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang