December 2, 2010

Time for Apps and I don't mean on the iPhone

It's time for everyone to get a glimpse into my Day After Thanksgiving Feast!! I have been so busy preparing my PHR exam that I've been neglecting my poor blog. But guess what I've got a slew of recipes coming your way because this year I went out on a limb with my dinner and tried a bunch of new recipes!!

You've already checked out my Breakfast Casserole but now it's time to get down to starters! This year we decided to do a "light lunch" A.K.A appetizers!

I made a favorite of Chuck's this year which are these super easy Pepperollies! All you need is Cresent Rolls, Pepperonies, and Mozzarella Cheese! Cut each crescent roll in half longwise. Place a pepperoni at the end, top with mozzarella cheese, and roll up!


Pop these beautiful pizza rolls in the oven for about 10-15 minutes! And you are DONE! See I told you it was super easy!


The other app I made was inspired by the lovely food we had at a friend of mine's birthday recently. STUFFED MUSHROOMS!!! I never ever thought I'd be a fan of these but I have fallen in love! What was even crazier was how simple it was to make these.

Don't be fooled this may look like a lot of ingredients but it's not that bad. To make both Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms you will need: mushrooms, cream cheese, Sausage (all the obvious ones), seasoned bread crumbs, mozzarella cheese, onion powder, paprika, and salt.


First up the Sausage Stuffed Mixture! I ground up my break crumbs, browned the sausage, then combined those with the cheese.


Yum, the mixture looks good already!!


Then I set that mixture aside and put together the cream cheese mushroom mixture. You only need 3 ounces of the Cream Cheese, some onion powder, a small amount of bread crumbs, and paprika! Mix well!


Then after you've removed the stems and rinsed the onions you begin stuffing them. First I have to say mushrooms are super gross to me! I don't like the way they look or feel! I had a huge issue with the insides once I removed the stems because to me it looked like disgusting hair! I don't know what my problem is but mushrooms are a huge ICK for me!

After I sucked it up and stopped being a baby I was able to successful stuff all 22 of my mushrooms with sausage and cheese goodness!! Not too shabby for my first time!


Don't thise look delicious?!?!?


And here's a close up shot of my  "over stuffed" mushrooms! Yeah I wasn't sure how much to put in them so I loaded them up! Note to self you don't have to put quite so much in cause those mushrooms will shrink!


While those are baking away let's check back on our pepperollies!! Don't they just look like mini crescent rolls?? Essentially they are but with some suprises inside :)


And finally after the mushrooms baked for 10 - 15 minutes they were done and we were ready to eat!!



I was really happy that I chose to step out of my comfort zone and make a new app. I was even more proud that I handled the mushrooms like a pro! Even though these are so easy and so quick to make I never ever would have thought I'd be one to enjoy them let alone make them myself!

Anyone else go out of their comfort zone and try something new for the holidays?

If you want the mushroom recipes here you go : Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms (I didn't follow it exactly) and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms.

6 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

I am so going to try those rolls, they look yum and so easy. Too bad I just went to the grocery store yesterday!

Steph said...

I was just looking for an appetizer. The pizza rolls look perfect.

Unknown said...

Looks gorgeous!!!! I may try these pizza rolls with my youth group!!!

Connie Mercer said...

Thanks!!!!look so good and I need ideas for quick yummy foods!!!

Tracy said...

Ohh my those stuffed mushrooms look delish.
Not only have I not made these, I have never tried them. I think I may have to though. Yummy.

Kendall said...

Thank you everyone!!

Linda, Steph, and Rach - You MUST try the pizza rolls! So easy and they will be a crowd pleaser I can promise!! And if you are daring you can even double up the pepperonis for some more heat :)

Connie - thank you! These are super quick and super easy!!

Tracy - I was in the same boat I had never eaten stuffed mushrooms but the minute I bit into one I was so pleasantly suprised! I had my first ones done by a professional cook so I'd recommend for your first time to try them at a catered event :)

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang