April 24, 2011

A Little More Lemon in My Life

I'm sure you've been waiting on Pins & Needles for my recipe using Lemons & Blackberries so here it is :-)

Friday night I decided to make some Lemon Blackberry Muffins!! I chose to use this recipe which calls for:
Salt, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Flour, Sugar, Butter, Blackberries, Lemon, Eggs, Vanilla Extract, and Milk.


Pretty gross looking huh? I'm not sure what's up with these recipes but you need to combine the milk and lemon juice, then add the lemon zest and vanilla.


Then you plop in the egg and whisk!


Again bad blogger here and I was so into my recipe I forgot to take more pictures of the dough so you will need combine the rest of your ingredients together and divide the batter up into the muffin pans! You are only supposed to fill up 6 muffin cups about half way.

I filled up as many as possibly just to see if I could get more than 6 muffins but no go. Plus you need the extra dough for the next step!


You need to top the muffins with the blackberries and then put some dough over the top of the blackberries! I got 7 YAY!!


Then pop those suckas in the oven at 400 degrees for 25 minutes?? I think NOT! I only baked these babies for 15 minutes and they were.............


........Baked to perfection!!!! I definitely would have burned them had I set the timer for 25 minutes. The only reason I knew to cook them for less time is cause I read the wonderful reviews on the recipe and one review mentioned that 25 minutes was too long :)


These were UUUUHHHHH-MAZING!! I of course tasted one right out of the oven and YUUMMMMMYYYY!! I was so stoked that they turned out as good as I was hoping and they solved my craving!!

I even had some left to take a couple to my parents the next day!! I don't think Chuck got one muffin cause I devoured 2 on friday night and then picked on them the rest of the weekend!! This is another MUST try recipe!!

2 comments:

Staci said...

Please mail of those muffins to my house. Thanks,

Katherine said...

They look delicious :)

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang