April 13, 2011

A Night in Berlin in the 1920s!!

Last night Chuck and I were super lucky to be able to attend the Max Raab and Palast Orchestra show at a local venue! I scored AMAZING tickets from work in a raffle! We were seriously in the center of the front row of the balcony! It was AMAZING!! And even though we weren't allowed to take pictures I snapped a few with my phone!

Here is the view from our seats! It was before the band stepped on stage so you are looking at an empty stage LOL!


Here we are ready for the show to begin!


And one quick shot of the band in action! I wanted to make sure to get some pictures to scrapbook!


This show was so much fun and it was right up my alley! I just love 1920s and 1930s music and I of course love listening to live bands!! It was so neat to see almost all of the band members playing multiple instruments! I even got to hear three different guys play my old instrument, the clarinet!

Even though most of the songs were sung in German I didn't mind! This man's voice (Max Raab) is PHENOMENAL!!! I was so impressed with how well his voice matched those of the 1920s and 1930s! He did however sing some songs in English and they were HILARIOUS!! They did one song based on the 3 little pigs and the wolf, it was so humorous!! If these guys are coming to a town near you and you love that era of music YOU MUST CHECK THEM OUT!! I plan on looking online to purchase a CD from them!!

1 comments:

Tracy said...

So nice that you and your sweetie had such a great time.

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang