June 29, 2011

I Love My Cats

Last night I finished up the 2nd book about Mister Dewey Readmoore Books and it was almost as touching as the first one. While the first book was all about Dewey this book is a collection of stories about other cats who have impacted the lives of their "owners".


I will admit to the fact that I cried after reading every single story in this book (except 1) and while I enjoyed the stories I was left with that feeling of dread. I know that one day (in many years) there will come a time when I have to say goodbye to my cats and my dogs and it makes me sad. I know it may seem silly to worry about that now but my pets are my kids and I don't ever want to say Goodbye. If I could have these 4 pets for my entire life I would.

Despite the feelings of sadness this book was a very sweet book and nice set of stories of a variety. I did feel that at times she kind of droned on and repeated herself when telling a person's story, but authors have to fill up pages right?

Overall grade a B, as I didn't enjoy it as much as I LOVED the first book and this one was filled with heartbreak at the end of each chapter, where Dewey's book had one ending of sadness. And even with a B, I don't think I'll read another one of these books by the two authors. I just wasn't impressed with her storytelling as I was in the first Dewey book.

1 comments:

Alyssa said...

I LOVED Dewey, but it was a total tearjerked... what was that other one about the dog? Oh yes, Marley and Me. Same story. So sad but so good!

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang