April 11, 2010

I Never Thought I'd See the Day!

I've been wanting to try this recipe for awhile now and last night I finally got to try it! I made Hungry Girls' Miracle Mashies! Chuck and I LOVE mashed potatoes, but I'm no fool I understand they are not that great for you! But I just can't cut those out completely!! Here went nothing:
Ingredients: 1 large potato, 3 cups cauliflower florets, 3 tablespoons fat-free half and half, 1 tablespoon light butter, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and salt to taste!

First you peel the potato, then chop it into cubes, cut the cauliflower up and dump it all in a pot of boiling water!
Boil for about 15 - 20 minutes, until the potatoes and cauliflower are very tender. Drain them and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add in the half and half, butter, salt and pepper and mix!!


OH MY GOD!! These were AMAZING! I never ever thought I'd find something that I like cauliflower in! These were just so delicious and they were lumpy which was awesome! I love lumpy mashed potatoes and with these you could hardly tell there was 3 cups worth of cauliflower in there!!
The best part: Chuck loved them as well...Maybe not to the extent that I did, but he wouldn't mind eating this everytime and not having real mashed potatoes! I am so stoked and so in love with Hungry Girl :-)

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang