April 11, 2010

Blueberry Bonanza!!

Yesterday was quite the baking day for me! I tried another recipe from Hungry Girl...and that was Big Fat Blueberry Muffins!!!!

This recipe called for a lot more ingredients than usual :-)
You need: 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup light vanilla soymilk, 1/4 cup sugar free pancake syrup (I had to use regular syrup), 1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute, 1/4 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener, 3 tablespoons brown sugar (not packed), 2 tablespoons light butter, 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon salt!

You first mix all the dry ingredients together (flour, Splenda, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt)
Then in another bowl you mix the soymilk, syrup, egg substitute, butter, applesauce and vanilla extract. Then mix the two bowls together!

After the dry and the wet ingredients are mixed well you fold in the blueberries. And then spray a 6 cup muffin pan (or 1/2 of a 12 cup muffin pan) with baking spray and divide the mixture into the 6 muffin cups! Pop them into the preheated oven (400 degrees) and bake for 22 minutes!


My favorite kind of Blueberry baked goods are the ones where you can see the blueberries poking out and where the blueberry juice spills out onto the plate when you open it up!!


These were really yummy!! I think I sprayed more than needed of the baking spray but overall I really enjoyed these! I think next time I'll use baking liners instead of baking spray to make them a little more "Crispy" but these are must for blueberry lovers!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were a busy gal! Those look good. I love love LOVE blueberries. They, like a lot of fruits, cause my throat to close up so i have to be careful when eating them. But yummmm. I can nearly smell them from here.

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang