April 15, 2010

EZ Tomato Basil Chicken

Long day at work? Too tired to cook?? Hungry Girl has exactly what you need for those days...their EZ Tomato Basil Chicken is just that....EASY!!

Today after work I knew I needed to go try on dresses, as I'm in between sizes and I need to get my bridesmaid dress ordered, go by the grocery store, make dinner and make food for our work potluck tomorrow! As you can imagine I didn't want to do anything complicated for dinner...I wanted some E-Z!! I grabbed my trusty Hungry Girl 200 Under 200 cookbook and stumbled upon this recipe!!

I made it with 2 chicken breasts, 1 can of Italian Style cut (canned) tomatoes, and some onion powder.

Open the can, dump half of its contents into a baking dish, place the chicken on top. (Oh, make sure to preheat your oven to 350 degrees)
Sprinkle some onion powder on top of the chicken and then pour the rest of the tomatoes on top of the chicken!


Pop in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through....and Voila! Your chicken is ready....


Literally 3-5 minutes to prepare and then let the little chickie cook :-) Now of course I needed more than just chicken so I made another batch of Miracle Mashies and a package of Garlic Cheese Bisquick Biscuits that Chuck and I wanted to try...


This meal was AMAZING! The chicken isn't anything to ooohhh and ahh over but it was still tasty and so EASY!! Have I stressed that enough?? This is another chicken dinner that you can put together on those busy nights or just when you don't feel like slaving away in the kitchen!
BTW: Bisquick's Garlic Cheese biscuits were pieces of "Bad for You" heaven! If you are lucky enough to be thin or at least at your ideal I highly recommend picking up a package of these and trying them out! We found them in our baking aisle with the Jiffy Cornbread mixes!!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang