April 26, 2010

Spicy Taco Tuna Salad

Last week, despite my busy-ness, I was able to make a few new recipes! WOO HOO! I just love cooking and I know this week I won't have time to make as many or maybe none at all so I was extremely happy to get to try out a few last week.

One day for lunch I made Spicy Taco Tuna Salad! And of course it's from Hungry Girl's 200 Under 200 book...my new bible :)

You will need: can of tuna, fat free mayo, salsa, red and green bell pepper, onion, taco sauce (I opted out), dry taco seasoning, chili powder, and cayenne pepper! (Diggin' all the spices)

I first chopped up the bell peppers and then drained the tuna. Then you combine the mayo, salsa, taco seasoning, chilil powder, and cayenne pepper in small bowl.

Add the peppers and the tuna!


This smelled so SPICY!! I was so excited to try it out....

I ended up letting it sit in the fridge for a few days as I kept forgetting to bring it with me to work....but last thursday I came home for lunch, popped two slices of bread in the toaster and got ready to enjoy some yummy spicy tuna!
Aside from the bell peppers this was AMAZING! I am not a huge fan of bell peppers...love the flavor but hate eating them...weird I know. But this really was great! I'm a huge fan of tuna...plain old tuna with a little mayo on a toasted slice of bread with lettuce...I'm in heaven! I just love that Hungry Girl offered an alternative to plain old tuna! I give this a big two thumbs up for those who like tuna and who like a little spice in their life :)

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang