April 11, 2010

Cheesy-Good Cornbread Muffns

Another new recipe I made last night was Hungry Girl's healthier version of cornbread muffins!! Now I will admit I HATE corn! I can't stand the vegetable!! I love cornbread but I hate corn!

Needless to say I was a little skeptical when it came to these muffins but I want to try every recipe in this book and a little corn isn't going to stop me!!

You will need: 1 cup canned cream style corn, 2/3 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal, 1/2 cup fat free liquid egg substitute, 1/2 cup fat free sour cream, 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons Splenda, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt!

Mix all ingredients together!
The divide the batter up into 12 muffin cups, sprayed with baking spray!

Pop into the oven (preheated 375 degrees) and bake for 20 minutes!!


These were pretty dang good! I won't make them just for Chuck and I because they make so many muffins, but for someone who doesn't like corn I suprised myself! I would prefer to not get bits of corn when I bite into it but I did really enjoy them! I put just a little bit of butter on them and we ate them fresh out of the oven :-) Enjoy you corn lovers!!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang