July 10, 2012

Hot Overnight Oats!

My Sister LOVES her oatmeal and it just happens to be a different version of Overnight Oats than the previous post! She does warmed overnight oats in a crock pot! Super easy and you literally wake up to ready made oatmeal, grab and go!

You will need Steel Cut Oats for this recipe, milk (I used 2% Lucerne Milk), Cinnamon, and Water.


Throw all your ingredients into your crock pot - 1-1/2 cup oats, 3/4 milk, 5-6 cups water, and however much cinnamon you would like!
Turn the crock pot onto WARM and put the lid on top! Then head for bed!


In the morning you will see this....it really doesn't look appetizing but give it a stir and add some more cinnamon if you are like me.



With this recipe you get 1 whole cup of this oatmeal and it's only 4 points!! Very nice on the points!! And you can either take a bite of it right from the crock pot or if you like it hotter just heat it up more in the microwave. This breakfast is pretty much ready to go the minute you get out of bed!!


I was super excited to dig in and see how good these oats were.....and then....I did.

I am actually not a big fan of this style of Overnight Oats. I think overall the problem I have is that I never knew how much I liked cold overnight oats and am just not a fan of any style oats warmed up!!

So for now I'm going to stick with my Cold Overnight Oats, in fact I'm trying them with Honey Greek Yogurt this time...but I do think any one who likes warmed oatmeal should give these a shot!! They are super easy and you end up with 7 servings from one batch!! Set for a week!!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang