July 19, 2012

Photography Challenge - Day 19 - Flowers

It's official, this challenge is starting to get challenging!! I've kind of blown through all the challenges that I was excited to be doing and now I'm left with the remnants! Don't get me wrong the remaining challenges are all still good ones but I'm finding out they are getting harder. 

For today's challenge I really debated about what to take a photo of. Real flowers? Fake flowers? Flower the Skunk??

Just kidding, but seriously adorbs!!


I ended up choosing fake flowers, mainly because I don't think a lot of people enjoy fake flowers. I mean, I'm not saying I want to be getting any apology fake flowers but as for decorating the house I am totally game for the silk flowers!! In fact we currently have silk flowers in three rooms. The downstairs bathroom, my scrapbook room (my bridal bouquet), and our living room!

These beauties are from our downstairs bathroom and they have been there since we moved in almost 4 years ago!!
I truly love silk flowers! Yes they can be a pain to keep clean and sure they "look" fake but hello they are!! I think they bring some color into a room and are a great accent piece!!

And who doesn't love seeing Sunflowers every time they use the restroom? Not this gal! They just make me smile and I like to think they bring joy to everyone!! I think silk flowers were more popular while I was growing up, but they have definitely lost some of their appeal. In fact, I don't know that any of my girlfriends have silk flowers in their homes, at least I haven't noticed them. 

What's your opinion? Yay or Nay for silk flowers??

1 comments:

Jenna said...

Yay!! I have them in the bedroom, bathroom, and guest bedroom.

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang