July 24, 2012

Photography Challenge - Day 24 - Bokeh

For this particular photo challenge I chose to do a photo that I had previously taken off a fancier camera since I knew my phone camera could not capture a bokeh style photo. What is bokeh you might ask? It is simply a picture that focuses on one part of the picture and blurs out everything else. And it's a setting on your camera that creates this really cool look! I personally love bokeh photos because they keep your focus on one thing rather than everything in the picture.

My Paps and I spent an hour or so on a Saturday morning at a local garden taking pictures. Since flowers are one of the easiest (and best in my opinion) subjects for bokeh style photos I wanted to share one of the ones from that day. I would've loved to take a photo using that camera today for this challenge but we don't have any flowers in bloom where I live. I certainly could've driven elsewhere and chose to do this challenge on a day where I could take a picture of a flower somewhere, but I really do love the shots I got from that day and this just happens to be one of my favorites!


Isn't that flower gorgeous!! I love it's vibrant color and if you look really close you can see that it kind of looks like a paper flower! I swear when looking at these flowers in person they look wrinkled and thin like tissue paper! 

I assure you that is a real flower but I thought it was so neat how it simply looked like a tissue paper flower! This is truly one of my favorite bokeh shots that I've ever taken and I am so happy to share it with you all! I know it's probably breaking some rule for this challenge but I've been known to break a few rules every once in awhile :)

I hope everyone had a great day!! I needed a pretty picture today as it's been a pretty rough and stressful day at work! I feel like it's been that way for a few weeks now so I am so ready for this month to be over!!

1 comments:

Staci said...

Those flowers are gorgeous!

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang