July 2, 2012

Pinterest Muffins!!

How many readers out there are addicted to Pinterest like me?? If you aren't hooked on it yet just wait you will be!! One of the best things about Pinterest is the easy sharing of recipes, healthy recipes to be exact!!

I love finding new weight watcher or healthy recipes on Pinterest but I, like I'm sure some of you, mainly Pin these great recipes and then forget them! I do this with so much stuff I pin so I created a new board....Pinterest Ideas I've Actually Done!....I am going to use this board as a reminder to keep trying all the fantastic recipes and craft ideas I find on Pinterest!!

First up off those Pinterest Healthy Recipe Boards - Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins!!

You need: 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup old-fashioned oats, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 tbsp applesauce, 3/4 cup light brown sugar, 2 large eggs, 1 cup mashed banana, 6 tbsp creamy peanut butter, and 1 cup low-fat buttermilk!!



This recipe makes 18 muffins, which to me is kind of odd! 12 muffins? Yes, 24 muffins? Yes, 18 muffins? HUH? I mean seriously I don't even have 2 muffin pans let alone a  1/2 muffin pan!! Anyways, if you are like me with only 1 muffin pan go ahead and prep 6 more muffins cause you will want to Weight Watcher Points to be accurate! 


In a mixing bowl combine your flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend together, set aside.


In another mixing bowl combine your applesauce, brown sugar, eggs, peanut butter, mashed banana, and buttermilk until smooth.


Then mix your dry ingredients into your wet mix.


It doesn't look that pretty to be honest with you but once you've mixed it together evenly distribute the mix between the 18 muffin cups. 

I started out with "about" 1/4 a cup of mix and then just made sure near the end that all of them were as even as possible.


Then pop those babies into your oven at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. I kept mine in for 20 minutes. Let those sit for 5-10 minutes then move the muffins to a cooling rack.


I had been dying to try one since I got the idea to bake them so I had one as soon as I could peel the wrapper back without destroying the muffin...you know what I'm talking about :)


These little muffins are really tasty but I highly recommend you let them cool all the way. While I enjoyed the piping hot muffin on saturday afternoon I LOVED the muffin I had for breakfast Sunday morning!! And I only wanted one!! They are pretty filling for a muffin!! And ony 4 points!! I highly recommend everyone try these muffins if you love bananas!!

0 comments:

 

A Bit Of This, A Dash Of That Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Bukit Gambang